Friday, October 15, 2010

The Kirklands: Love & Honor.

Today I had the pleasure of photographing Fields and Cannon with their mama.

Deborah and her husband did our pre-marital counseling and are both directors at Wesley. They are incredible people and I love their creativity. They are truly raising their family in the heart of God, and it is encouraging and challenging to me since Eric and I are now a family. Long before we have kids, we want to raise them up on a firm foundation--not a religious or legalistic one, but one of integrity and love. Whenever Fields would go astray, Deborah would call him back and say, "Let's honor and obey, Fields." I love seeing parents honor their kids and give them a chance to do the same.

Here's a sneak peek of our little adventure, sans Clay. But you'll probably see a bit of him later, since I'm doing an ongoing project with Deborah and her growing belly.




You gotta love the godzilla-baby-coming-for-the-camera moment.

More to come.

1 comment: