Saturday, September 11, 2010

Projects.

This past week I have been working on a couple of design assignments, both for Wesley.

The freshmen ministry is starting a new series on God's global mission--His heart and plan for mankind from the beginning to the end of time. I'm excited for the desires and passions that the Lord will awaken in the students. Majorly excited. I love the nations.

Here's the evolution of the logos.

The country shapes are actually a typeface called GeoBats, and that is the template I started with.
This logo is more contained, specific, and informative, but when I started the project I had only a little information to go off of. I met up with Stephen (Freshley director) and he gave me the vision for what we wanted, so now we have this:


Yeah, pretty big difference. Replacing Algeria with the U.S. makes the countries more recognizable--since we naturally recognize our own country pretty immediately.

As for now, I'm hoping to finish the draft of the first Wesley newsletter of the year. To be continued.

I love my job.

Other projects:

1. Cover our walls in photos and art.
2. Ongoing photography projects: photograph a pregnancy, door project, Wesley project
3. Produce stop motion art films
4. Building photo website, picking out a name, so Eric can get the server up and running
5. Rebinding hardcover journals
6. Learn to sew
7. Conceptual design

More tom foolery to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment